|Ants 螞蟻||Beg Bugs 床蟲|
|Why ants are considered pests 為何螞蟻需要滅蟲
- Ants are often regarded as 'nuisance' pests.
螞蟻經常被認為 『討厭』 害蟲
- Swarming may occur within premises which prove to be disturbing.
- Ants may attack and damage seeds of plants.
- Ants may carry organisms causing dysentery, smallpox and a variety of bacteria such as Salmonella. 螞蟻可攜帶痢疾, 天花病毒及各種如沙門氏菌之細菌
- Ants may bite or sting humans. 螞蟻會叮咬人體
|Why bed bugs are considered pests 為何床蟲需要滅蟲
- Bed bugs disperse largely by being carried by humans in furniture, luggage, clothes; etc.
床蟲大多數是經傢俱, 行李, 衣服等物件擴散
- Bed bugs may find suitable hiding places and hosts and thus commence and infestation.
- Bed bugs may live for as long as one year without a blood meal.
- Bed bugs feed on their hosts without being noticed.
- Bed bugs may infest adjacent rooms or even neighouring houses by their crawling habit.
- Bed bug infestation of human habitas has been on the increase, bed bug bites and related conditions have been on the rise as well.
|Booklice 書蟲||Carpet Beetles 地毯甲蟲|
|Why booklice are considered pests 為何書蟲需要滅蟲
- Booklice are nuisance pests that feed on microscopic molds that grow on materials such as paper, leather, carpet and certain stored foods when not stored properly.
書蟲之主要食糧為生長予紙張, 皮甲, 及地毯等物件上的微小霉菌
- Booklice frequent moisty, undisturbed area.
- Booklice are often seen on damp walls.
|Why carpet beetles are considered pests為何地毯甲蟲需要滅蟲
- Carpet beetles may feed on wool, fur, hair, silk, clothes, carpets; etc.
甲蟲是以毛織物, 毛皮, 頭髮, 絲綢, 布料及地毯等物料為主要食糧
- The presence of flying or crawling adult carpet beetles may indicate the presence of an infestation.
- Sighting of damaged materials and bristly cast skins will confirm carpet beetles' activity.
|Cockroaches 蟑螂||Fleas 跳蚤|
|Why cockroaches are considered pests 為何蟑螂需要滅蟲
- Cockroaches may contaminate food products and other areas.
- Cockroaches are annoying to many people.
- Some people are allergic to cockroaches.
- Cockroaches are known to bite people.
- Cockroaches carry diseases of humans.
|Why fleas are considered pests 為何跳蚤需要滅蟲
- Fleas are parasitic insects and are blood suckers.
- Their bites may cause severe irritation.
- Fleas can transmit diseases such as the bubonic plaque (the 'Black Death' )
|Flies 蒼蠅||Honey Bees/ Wasps 蜜蜂 / 黃蜂|
|Why flies are considered pests 為何蒼蠅需要滅蟲
- Flies' flying habit is a source of annoyance to humans.
- Flies can spread diseases such Salmonella and hapatitis.
- Flies are very mobile and freely interchange between decaying excrement or wastes and human foods and utensils.
|Why honey bees and wasps are considered 為何蜜蜂 pests / 黃蜂需要滅蟲
- Honey bees often hives and settle in and around houses.
- Some people may die from one bee sting.
- Some wasps may sting several times when disturbed or agitated, and the sting is very painful.
|Lice 體蚤||Mosquitoes 蚊子|
|Why lice are considered pests 為何體蚤需要滅蟲
- Lice's feeding activities involves breaking the skin and injecting saliva which may cause irritation and scratching.
- The body louse has been responsible for much disease transmission.
|Why mosquitoes are considered pests 為何蚊子需要滅蟲
- Humans may suffer mild to severe irritation from mosquitoes bites.
- Mosquitoes may transmit diseases such as malaria, worm disease, dengue disease, yellow fever; etc.
蚊子能傳播痢疾, 登革熱, 黃熱等病毒
- Hosting of mosquitoes relies on detection of wormth, moisture and carbon dioxide in the atmosphere.
蚊子是以追從熱暈, 溫度, 及二氧化碳來找叮咬對象
- Irritation from mosquitoe bites arises from the injection of saliva into the skin. 蚊子會叮咬及注入唾液至人體而導致疼痛
|Rodent (Rats/ Mice) 老鼠||Silverfish 銀魚|
|Why rats and mice are considered pests為何老鼠需要滅蟲
- Rodent are annoying to people.
- Rodent contaminate food.
- Rodent cause physical damage to building structure, furniture; etc.
- Rodent transmit diseases.
|Why silverfish are considered pests 為何銀魚需要滅蟲
- Within buildings, silverfish may be found almost anywhere.
- Silverfish feed on most types of human food but seem to prefer starchy materials.
- Any sources of glue or starch are likely to be attractive to silverfish.
|Why termites are considered pests 為何白蟻需要滅蟲
- According to industry statistics, termites cause over $5 million in documented damges each year in the States.
- Signs of termite infestation can go undiscovered until serious damage is done.
- The most obvious sign is discarted wings.
- Due to their wood-eating habits, termites can do great damage to buildings, wooden structure, paper, cloth, carpets; etc.
由於白蟻食木習性, 牠們對大廈, 木材, 紙張, 布料及地毯等物件造成嚴重的破壞